NOW ACCEPTING LETTERS OF INTENT
Are you impassioned by the arts and willing to dedicate your time and knowledge to our mission?! Denali Arts Council is looking for enthusiastic and heart based team members to cultivate ideas, meet strategic goals, and be a trailblazer of the arts. Join our team and contribute during a VERY important new chapter of Denali Arts Council’s history.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ― Margaret Mead
TIME TO STEP UP – Please submit letter of intent by September 28th. We will be interviewing board candidates. Voting is Oct 5th at our annual “Take back the town” Fall Harvest membership party.
*Remember that board service is a privilege! That working on behalf of your organization is a gift. That public service is core to the betterment of our society.
OK, so let’s get to the meat of it.
- What do you know about our organization? Why are you interested in committing your time and energy to us?
- What do you think are the characteristics of a great board member?
- Fundraising is a significant obligation of board service (state give/get clearly). Can you tell us about your experience in fundraising?
- Would you be willing to attend a lunch with the E.D. in which the goal was to make a major donor ask?
- Board members bring experience, wisdom, strategic thinking, and their rolodexes. Can you tell us about yours?
- What kind of autonomy do you have over your calendar? There will be meetings between board meetings and events to house manage.
CHARACTERISTICS OF AN OUTSTANDING BOARD MEMBER
- Passion for the cause
- Motivation and Interest
- Relevant Context
- Eagerness to participate at every meeting
- Willing to prepare ahead for meetings
- Anxious to serve on committees
- Toughness & Collegiality
- Strong desire for stewardship to others
- Supportive, but willing to express their own opinion
- Strives to learn as much as possible
- Organization ambassador
- Engages with board outside of board meetings
Please submit a Letter of Intention in which you state why you wish to be a member of the board, and a relevant biography of why you are qualified to serve. Describe your background, experience and strengths that you would bring to board service, as well as your interests, vision and goals you have for Denali Arts Council.
Please submit your letter to email@example.com