RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS & ARTS ORGANIZATIONS:
Here at DAC, we know the COVID-19 outbreak is impacting everyone differently and hope you find our list of resources helpful. You can find resources from online art instruction to uplifting words to emergency funding. We will continue to update this list as we find more resources for you.
Rasmuson Foundation: A very thorough list of resources for Alaska https://www.rasmuson.org/news/help-for-alaskans-in-the-time-of-coronavirus/
Mat Su Health Foundation: Grant Opportunity! Target Wellness Grants for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention and Response (CPR) -The Mat-Su Health Foundation (MSHF) is offering Coronavirus Prevention and Response (CPR) grants of up to $50,000 to Mat-Su nonprofit organizations. The grants are designed to support local nonprofits as they address unplanned expenses and/or lost revenue relating to the Coronavirus pandemic. Applications submitted under this program will receive expedited handling. Assistance securing a line of credit is also available.
Examples of things that may be funded by this special Coronavirus (COVD-19) grant program include:
- Support to build and develop pandemic education and prevention strategies for an organization’s staff and clients.
- Assistance in communicating with clients about service/outreach changes due to a heightened risk of exposure to Coronavirus.
- Funding for critical safety-net needs for the clients of nonprofits, including housing, transportation, medical care, childcare, and food security for those affected by disease, quarantine, or school/agency closures.
- Grants for psychosocial supports and mental health services for staff.
- Quarantine supplies for nonprofit residential programs.
- Unexpected work-from-home expenses, which could include establishing collaboration platforms and secure file sharing.
- Prevention-related expenses for items such as sanitizing supplies and equipment, or professional cleaning of common areas.
- Costs for offering services to a nonprofit’s clients in less risky ways to deliver services (for example, bringing pick-up or home-delivered meals rather than serving congregate meals, and offering virtual rather than in-person service delivery).
- Operating expenses associated with Coronavirus, such as lost revenue, continuity planning, or increased labor costs.
Alaska Arts and Culture Foundation : links to articles, resources and other materials that you think may be useful to the arts and culture sector in Alaska
Foraker Group Blog: A collection of resources for nonprofits to help you respond to Covid-19. “We all have hard decisions to make about what policies we put in place for our employees, how our services may change, and what to do about planned events. Here is a collection of resources to help you to make those decisions. We will continue to keep this page updated as we learn more”.
Alaska Small Business Development Center: Excellent source of information and help.
National Council of Nonprofits:Covid-19 and Nonprofits page that is updated regularly with the latest information and resources that nonprofits can use to prepare and respond.