- Bachelor of Science – Education from the University of Wisconsin, Madison WI.
- 40+ years of singing experience.
- 30+ years of flute experience
- 25+ years of guitar experience (acoustic and electric guitar)
- Taught music for grades k-6, and is familiar with national, state, and local standards for music education.
I was in choir in church and at school until I graduated from high school. I started singing professionally in 1994, when I attended the Cantwell Music Festival in Cantwell AK, and did a 45 min. set, singing and playing guitar. I was in a traveling duo for 10 years, and I sang and played the guitar, flute and keyboard.
I played the flute in school and at church all the way through college. I have studied jazz, classical and other styles of music.
I play both acoustic and electric guitar, and have experience with folk, country, rock, and other styles.
I have experience with music theory and improvisation, and I believe both are essential for a well rounded musician. I also have experience with, and an interest in electronic music, and I will use it to supplement lessons where appropriate.