The Denali Arts Council is seeking an Executive Director.
This administrative leadership position directs day-to-day operations to fulfill organizational goals, develops a funding plan, manages membership and donations, and works extensively with the community. The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the Arts Council, working closely with and reporting to the Board of Directors.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
Event Planning and Production – produces art events, including scheduling, marketing, working with artists and coordinating volunteers.
Strategic Planning—develops and implements the organization’s Strategic Plan and annual action plans in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
Program Development and Management—coordinates with Program Directors as well as directs and administers programs without a Program Director.
Fund Development/Grant Oversight and Fiscal Management—together with the Board, develops and manages the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization; develops an annual budget for approval by the Board; oversees the management of all funds consistent with the organization’s accounting system.
Staff Leadership and Management—collaborates and coordinates work with the Board’s committees, volunteers, and partner organizations.
Community Relations—develops effective working relationships within the community and the state to ensure the arts are represented in the community-at-large and for the constituency that the Denali Arts Council serves.
Advocacy—serves as a spokesperson for the DAC in the community; articulates and communicates the value of the arts in improving our quality of life, and promotes community support of the arts and DAC.
College graduate with at least 3 years management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, with significant experience in the arts or a related area; prior experience as a business manager or Executive Director is preferred.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus.
· Knowledge of the Talkeetna area arts community.
· Proven record as a successful grant writer.
· Computer skills including word processing, QuickBooks, graphic design and website maintenance.
· Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
· Ability to positively motivate and develop staff, board, volunteers and build consensus.
· Visionary and innovative thinker.
· Flexibility and willingness to work outside of allotted hours for events.
· Ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, the Board of Directors, volunteers, and staff.
· An undeniable passion for the arts.
Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Starting Date: July 1, 2018
Procedure for Applying
Qualified candidates should email a resume along with a cover letter indicating interest in the position to:
Diane Holl Rambo, Board President: Rambod.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is May 21, 2018
Position will remain open until filled.
The Denali Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.