RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS & ARTS ORGANIZATIONS:
Here at DAC, we know the COVID-19 outbreak is impacting everyone differently and hope you find our list of resources helpful. You can find resources from online art instruction to uplifting words to emergency funding. We will continue to update this list as we find more resources for you.
Meanwhile Denali Arts Council will join in creating new work-styles toward a safe environment. Above all, practice good health, and be assured DAC will always be here. -Ali Lee, Executive Director
Rasmuson Foundation: A very thorough list of resources for Alaska https://www.rasmuson.org/news/help-for-alaskans-in-the-time-of-coronavirus/
Mat Su Health Foundation: Grant Opportunity! Target Wellness Grants for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention and Response (CPR) -The Mat-Su Health Foundation (MSHF) is offering Coronavirus Prevention and Response (CPR) grants of up to $50,000 to Mat-Su nonprofit organizations. The grants are designed to support local nonprofits as they address unplanned expenses and/or lost revenue relating to the Coronavirus pandemic. Applications submitted under this program will receive expedited handling. Assistance securing a line of credit is also available.
Examples of things that may be funded by this special Coronavirus (COVD-19) grant program include:
- Support to build and develop pandemic education and prevention strategies for an organization’s staff and clients.
- Assistance in communicating with clients about service/outreach changes due to a heightened risk of exposure to Coronavirus.
- Funding for critical safety-net needs for the clients of nonprofits, including housing, transportation, medical care, childcare, and food security for those affected by disease, quarantine, or school/agency closures.
- Grants for psychosocial supports and mental health services for staff.
- Quarantine supplies for nonprofit residential programs.
- Unexpected work-from-home expenses, which could include establishing collaboration platforms and secure file sharing.
- Prevention-related expenses for items such as sanitizing supplies and equipment, or professional cleaning of common areas.
- Costs for offering services to a nonprofit’s clients in less risky ways to deliver services (for example, bringing pick-up or home-delivered meals rather than serving congregate meals, and offering virtual rather than in-person service delivery).
- Operating expenses associated with Coronavirus, such as lost revenue, continuity planning, or increased labor costs.
Alaska Community Foundation: Grant Opportunity! The Alaska COVID-19 Response Fund — Rapid Response Grant is accepting applications from April 2nd, 2020 – April 10th, 2020.
The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF) is now accepting applications from eligible charitable organizations (501(c)3 nonprofits, or equivalent, organizations located in the state of Alaska. May include tribes, churches, local government agencies, and programs) to support operational and programmatic efforts as they grapple with the impacts of COVID-19 on their organizations, team members, and the people they serve.
Individual grant amounts will be awarded from $5,000 to $20,000 for a total of up to $200,000. This is the first round of funding. Further opportunities will come available as the situation evolves.
Alaska Arts and Culture Foundation : links to articles, resources and other materials that you think may be useful to the arts and culture sector in Alaska
Foraker Group Blog 3/3/20: A collection of resources for nonprofits to help you respond to Covid-19. “We all have hard decisions to make about what policies we put in place for our employees, how our services may change, and what to do about planned events. Here is a collection of resources to help you to make those decisions. We will continue to keep this page updated as we learn more”.
Alaska Small Business Development Center: Excellent source of information and help.
Alaska SBDC Business Advisor in Mat-Su: Julie Nolen, Associate State Director, Mat-Su Center Director and Business Advisor (907) 373-7232 Email: email@example.com
AKSBDC Webinars: Good information on the Economic Disaster Loan, Bridge Loans, and the PPP.
Focus on SBA Loan Programs – April 1, 2020
Deeper Dive into SBA Loans – April 2, 2020
Unemployment Insurance and SBA Loans – April 3, 2020
Upcoming Webinars presented by the Independent Sector:
Free webinar hosted by the Independent Sector, the only national membership organization that brings together the charitable community—a diverse set of nonprofits, foundations, and corporations—to advance the common good.
What’s Next for COVID-19 Relief for Nonprofits?
April 9, 2020 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Millions of nonprofits applied for relief last week through the CARES Act, but we know more relief is still needed. Join us on Thursday, April 9 at 2:00-3:00 pm ET/ 10:00 -11:00 am AK Timeto learn the latest about the relief efforts and additional federal policies to provide resources for nonprofits and the communities they serve.
Note: You will have to join (create account) to access the webinar. No cost to you.
National Council of Nonprofits:Covid-19 and Nonprofits page that is updated regularly with the latest information and resources that nonprofits can use to prepare and respond.